View Single Post
Old 10th June 2010, 17:54   #219  |  Link
guth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undead Sega View Post
The problem im having is to stablize a shot, this contains a panning camera from right to left in an empty (static) room to only have a person sitting in the middle of the shot making large and fast movements. The camera itself is of course what i want to stabilize, however from what im gathering, the motion vections are picking the person's movement as camera shake, therefore the resulting video look would shake in accordance to the movement that the person is making. I was wondering how can i avoid this? and what parameters do i need to set accordingly?
If the deshaked video is only slightly wavy, you should probably reduce the value for "discard motion of blocks that move > X pixels in wrong direction". Maybe to 1 or even lower. That's to avoid picking up even very slow motion from the person.

If it's very shaky after deshaking, then Deshaker probably lost track on where the stable background is and started matching partly or completely on the person. Remember, you shouldn't get any white vectors on parts of the person that are moving. The white vectors should only be on the background or on the person's still parts. This can sometimes be tricky to accomplish, especially if the person takes up a large portion of the frames. You can try decreasing block size and increasing differential search range and set "use pixels" to "all". If possible, you should definitely use "deep analysis". And if everything else fails, you can use "ignore pixels" to help Deshaker ignoring the person.
Next version of Deshaker will have more ways to help avoiding this problem. (Now that VirtualDub 1.9.9 is out and seems to include a bugfix I've been waiting for, I'll probably release it soon. Don't expect any major cool new features, though...)
guth is offline   Reply With Quote