View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2010, 16:18   #9619  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinhunt View Post
Playlist 00000.MPLS, which is the main movie, contains two M2TS files. First up is 00007.M2TS which is Canal Studio's 21 second long logoanimation. It's 1080p24.00 like the main movie, but has no audio delay, according to MediaInfo. The movie itself resides in 00000.M2TS which plays after 00007.M2TS.

I'm running a test now where I remuxed original 00000.M2TS with tsmuxer to a Blu-ray, thus getting rid of the Canal Studio logo, and compressing tsmuxer's output with BDRB 0.34.11. Once that is done, I'll run the movie-only backup with 0.34.9 and .10.

I did the previous attempts using the slowest quality mode. Will it affect the result if I use High Speed option when testing 0.34.9 and .10, or should I run them at slowest as well?
The quality choice should have no affect on audio sync.

In the last two versions there was code added that looks at leading M2TS files and adjusts the audio when there is:

1. No audio
2. Audio that is longer than the clip.

My guess is that the new code isn't catching something in that disc because of the combination of the lead-in and the audio delay. If you remove the lead-in, it will alter the affect and even though it may work, it won't help in debugging it.

I'll have to look around and see if I can find that disc locally...

Last edited by jdobbs; 22nd September 2010 at 16:25.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote