View Single Post
Old 29th July 2020, 06:39   #29747  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorM View Post
@Lathe - Are you using your SSD while encoding? It might wear it out faster, but a spinning platter drive could be a limiting factor. Also, what are you using to decode? On my previous system (FX-8350) I got a 10% bump in performance using x264's internal LAVF versus my vid card. The reason is the internal LAVF is the only way to take advantage of a 64-bit pipe in BD RB. I have to assume a Ryzen 5 would be even better.

@AmigaFuture - Oh, God. I'm glad someone else said it. I'm running two drives with two OS's right now that I swap between. I'm TRYING to ease myself into Win10 and I hate it. It's ugly, bloated and clunky. It'll take forever to root out all the M$ crap and tweak it to function smoothly like Win7.
Hey Bro, sorry to reply so late (Doom9 has NEVER sent prompts of replies) Yeah, I am using my new M2 SSD which I believe plugs directly into the MOBO. Supposed to be pretty fast. Interestingly, since this last comment a month or more ago when I use the x264 CMD line it does seem to utilize the CPU more. I'll hafta go back now and figure out WTH I was talking about
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote