View Single Post
Old 5th November 2008, 19:57   #32  |  Link
kkloster21

hey aggie -

thanks for checking that stuff. i was trying to figure out if you were able to playback trueHD and/or PCM tracks from blu-ray movies. it sounds to me like you are able to play trueHD and PCM tracks since you said it sounds like english if you specify the AID (and there is no regular dolby 5.1 english track on that disc so if it was english then you were playing either the trueHD or the PCM) and you also said that it is choppier when you force it to play the english track (the trueHD and PCM tracks are much higher bitrate than the dolby tracks so it makes sense that your system would have a harder time with them). which AIDs have you tried by the way? 4352 and 4353? it would be great if you could determine if both of those are english tracks.

thanks again for your help.

lastly, have you tried all of the different flags that are supposed to improve performance when playing back blu-rays? i don't know them all but i know that there are several things you can try. maybe you could post what flags you have tried and we can see if there are more settings to try that could improve your performance.
kkloster21 is offline   Reply With Quote