View Single Post
Old 21st March 2019, 06:38   #232  |  Link
WorBry

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorBry View Post
With the seek-test script yes, but not in the metric tests.
But for Iron_Mike, didn't he say the seek-test correlated with the other metric tests? The gist I got was that it was predictive for him - when one one failed, the other failed ?

Basically you guys were getting something different from those results compared to each other .
Right, and this is why I looked at the alignment of the reference and test file output frames when applying random frame searches vs playback from frame #0 in VSEditor:

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...23#post1869323

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorBry View Post
So it is only random seeking with ffms2 (default, seekmode=1), which is what the seek-test script does, that gives these frame offsets, not sequential output from frame #0, as is the case when the metric test scripts are run with Benchmark to generate the score log files.

This perfectly explains why the seek-test script gave errors with the encoded x265 file and ffms2 mode #1 (seekmode=1), yet the results of the SSIM:GMSD metric tests with ffms2 (default, seekmode=1) were in perfect agreement (aggregate and per frame scores) with those produced with LWLibavSource - in my tests at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
And I'm getting a 3rd different

Seek test fails both MP4 and MKV with default seekmode, but metrics inconsistent with MP4, but consistent with MKV
The difference between me and thee being that I also get consistent metrics with mp4 and ffms2 in default seekmode=1