View Single Post
Old 9th October 2011, 21:53   #10046  |  Link
iSunrise

I`ve recently upgraded from my old GTX260 (which served me very well and madVR ran great with it) to a shiny new GTX570 which is almost silent. (ASUS Direct CUII cooling, I am quite impressed). What is surprising for me is that madVR still runs great with the same settings I used for my old card and even the same drivers (newest quadro or geforce beta 285.38, both run great).

I didnīt expect this since I was getting the impression from reading this thread that newer cards have some unusual problems.

madshi:
Like you already wrote in this thread, the D3D11 path also works best for me (23.976fps or 24fps@24Hz). However, it would be great if you could improve it to the point where going out of FSE mode to windowed draws the desktop each time.

Currently, after you start playback of a file, switching usually works 2-3 times but stops working for no reason and then starts to work again, etc. It is quite random. Switching works in every other mode or path Iīve tested, so there must be something weird going on specifically when you enable D3D11. A workaround is to pause the file and switch when in pause and then start playback again.

Other than that madVR is smooth as butter and I wouldnīt trade it for anything else.

Last edited by iSunrise; 9th October 2011 at 21:57.
iSunrise is offline   Reply With Quote