View Single Post
Old 15th December 2015, 03:34   #34658  |  Link
Aktan

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
madVR only drops frames if either the GPU is too slow or if the refresh rate it too low. Please make a screenshot of the Ctrl+J madVR menu when you get those frame drops, then maybe we can help.

Generally you should get better quality when letting madVR deinterlace. So it might make sense to try that again and post a screenshot of Ctrl+J with that setup, too.
I think it's more like the madVR isn't requesting the frames from the capture source. Here is the screenshot of Ctrl+J in Potplayer using the capture source: http://i.imgur.com/8KwExdw.jpg and here is the screenshot of Ctrl+J in Potplayer using a captured AVI from the same capture source: http://i.imgur.com/7anTyFl.jpg. Here are a few things I've noticed:

-Graphedit using madVR as a render shows a black screen only when directly connected to capture source. This doesn't happen playing back a file.
-Both Potsplayer and MPC-HC show the queue being pretty much empty all the time when playing a capture source.
-You are right, the deinterlacing from madVR works great (no need for ffdshow deinterlacing) ONLY if I playback an AVI of the capture source. I think this is mostly due to the queue being empty though...
-Using Graphedit and VM9 and ffdshow to set interlace flag to force DXVA deinterlacing, everything works perfectly with capture source.

I'm pretty sure it's not my GPU as I have 1080i clips that play fine with deinterlacing on. Also the fact it works fine with an AVI of the same capture source shows it's not maxing the GPU at all. I think it is a hint that madVR shows black for Graphedit with capture source but not files.

Now I do realize having a huge decoding queue would introduce input lag for gaming like in this example, but if I were to watch just analog TV (which actually doesn't exist anymore) or just say a VCR, I would still have this problem. I could also just lower the queue if I do live game.

Last edited by Aktan; 15th December 2015 at 05:24.
Aktan is offline   Reply With Quote