View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2015, 00:35   #4793  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Still works for me as expected. Maybe related to XP?
I guess anything's possible......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Sorry, this button also works for me
I had another play and it's kind of working for me.
I previously tested it by selecting a preset, loading the default x264 settings, then using the "preset settings" button. I think now because the defaults are loaded in the current preset, if they're loaded first they become the preset settings so the preset settings button appears not to work.
Also for me, no changes under the Misc tab seem to be altered when using the "preset settings" button. I can't remember if that's always been the case, but it probably shouldn't be. The Misc settings should be reverted too.

Edit: A bit more testing seems to indicate the "preset settings" button is more hit and miss than I thought. None of the settings under the Main tab seem to be effected by it. It reverts any changes to the deblock settings and number of B frames but the B Frame bias setting is unaffected by it. I haven't tested everything but I can't see a pattern to what it reverts and what it doesn't. Odd.....

There is a difference between the main "load defaults" button and the "default settings" button under the Misc tab. The former resets everything to the defaults, whereas the latter leaves the custom command line area alone, and doesn't make all the advanced settings tabs disappear, which means I'd probably be more inclined to use it now I've refreshed my memory as to how it works.

Unless all of the above works differently when you're not using XP.....
I really should pull my finger out and get the new PC build under way.

Last edited by hello_hello; 22nd September 2015 at 00:50.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote