View Single Post
Old 9th July 2018, 00:38   #10  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forteen88 View Post
@foxyshadis. Thanks. main10 @ 5.0, which graphics-cards supports that, it's not only the Nvidia 1000-series?! I think I read that Nvidia 900-series also supports it. Unfortunately the graphics-chip on my laptop is a Nvidia 800-series :P But I MPC-HC shows that there is still some H265 HW-decoding on my Nvidia 800-series graphics-chip, but I guess that it's not at all as good decoding as in the newer chips.

@benwaggoner. Thanks, I'll set the Profile and Level I want, I hope that maximum reference frames & bframes is set automatically then. Setting max on those settings is especially great for cartoon/anime.
Sorry, just coming back to this. The 800M generation was a weird one, with a mix of Fermi, Kepler, and Maxwell; you'd have to look at GPU-Z and see if it's GF, GK, or GM. (Particularly since the 860M came in both GK and GM flavors.) If it's Maxwell, you get HEVC main, not main10, but done in shaders so your max level is based entirely on how fast your card is (full 8/10 dedicated decoding didn't come until the 950/960); if it's Kepler, you're completely out of luck and you get CPU-only.
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote