View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2020, 18:49   #14  |  Link
StormMeows

Since we are on the topic of NVenc 10 Bit HW encoding and Staxrip. I would like to know what the best manual settings would be to use for this for 1080p blu-ray encodes and 4K encodes. I have tried using Handbrake for NVenc encodes, but notice there is no 10 bit option. It only gives you Profile "Main" as an option, instead of Profile Main10. I want to retain the original 1:1 audio quality and get the video portion of my HW encode the best possible quality that I can. I do not care about the file size, as long as I save some space over the RAW .MKV that MakeMKV provides. For instance, if I do the HW encode and use my 2080 RTX Super Card in Handbrake and select "Slow" for the preset and 16 CFR I can take a 31GB movie down to 16GB, which is fine to me. I just want the best absolute quality on the video portion. Can anyone help with manual settings that I would use to obtain this? I want 2 or 3 pass of course. My processor is an i7 8700k which takes about 8 hours to do a x265 10 Bit encode of the same file. I know it gets it smaller than HW NVenc but if I can obtain a similar video quality with NVenc compared to x265 slow and the file size is bigger, that's perfectly fine to me. I know some users use like -1:-1 deblocking, etc etc. I just want to know the best possible manual settings that I can just input into StaxRip every time and get the best encode quality using NVenc. Hopefully someone can help out a newb to this. Thank you in advance!
StormMeows is offline   Reply With Quote