Thread: Avisynth+
View Single Post
Old 4th March 2018, 15:00   #3988  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

v2.6 Alpha 4 and later sets some linkage stuff (below in blue), which is not done in plugins compiled before alpha 4.
When plugin accesses avisynth v2.6 Alpha 4 (and later) internal routines then below blue stuff not properly prepared and bang !!!

Code:
#ifdef AVISYNTH_PLUGIN_25
	extern "C" __declspec(dllexport) const char* __stdcall AvisynthPluginInit2(IScriptEnvironment* env) {
#else
	const AVS_Linkage *AVS_linkage = 0;
	extern "C" __declspec(dllexport) const char* __stdcall
			AvisynthPluginInit3(IScriptEnvironment* env, const AVS_Linkage* const vectors) {
	AVS_linkage = vectors;
#endif
    env->AddFunction("DeCrack", "c[[Fade]f",Create_DeCrack, 0);
    return "`DeCrack' DeCrack plugin";
	// A freeform name of the plugin.
}
EDIT: AvsMeter will probably not be able to tell you anything about bad plugin that is not compiled with later avisynth header,
Avsmeter might well crash for same reason as avisynth with old plugin in plugins directory. [EDIT: dont know if it checks AVS_linkage for NULL]
You may have to manually pinpoint bad plugins by trial and error (clear plugins, then add in batches of maybe 10 and test, then remove and try next batch, until problem batch located, then narrow down to bad plug [there may be more than 1 bad plug])

EDIT:
Quote:
Edit: Interesting point. So your theory is basically that there are incompatible plugins in my folder and they trigger the error, even if the one I'm actually requesting is not responsible for the error? (since I was able to load it with loadPlugin after disabling autoload)
Yes.

EDIT: Not sure, perhaps AVS_linkage=NULL, only produces a problem on last autoloaded bad plugin,
EDIT: Maybe not, I guess that AVS_linkage is private copy for each individual plugin.

EDIT: Found the problem thing here:- https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...27#post1703427
Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
@Jenyok,
Are you using an old version of Avisynth v2.6, If so, you need to update as ClipClop uses new AvisynthPluginInit3() only available in Alpha 4+ ?
(Or alternatively use the v2.58 dll).
There will (I think) be a reciprocal problem if plugin compiled with pre-Alpha 4 header, and not using AvisynthPluginInit3().
[So as previously posted in this thread, I was on the 'right track', but a bit back-to-front ]

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 4th March 2018 at 19:58.