View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2018, 11:08   #27916  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
Now you really have me confused. I'm trying to make MKV files from a DVD, as you've suggested, instead of using DVDFab.

I import into the Batch Queue from the DVD and select the three special features that I want made into MKVs. The result is as outlined in the post.
Yeah, my mistake, I forgot you are importing DVDs. But... still the same answer. Don't use batch import, that was a bad assumption. Use "Import DVD(s)...". That will import the DVD into a BD structure and make it the current project. Importing to batch doesn't do that, and the settings in steps 2-6 wouldn't apply, since they only affect the current job. When the import is complete -- follow the remaining instructions:

2. From the mode menu, select the ALTERNATE method to be used (output format)
3. Go to the "Batch" tab.
4. Right-click on the queue area.
5. Select "Add multiple playlists to Queue"
6. From the list, choose the playlist(s) you want to output in the format you selected in step 2.
7. Push the "Batch Backup" button.

You may want to clear the queue before you start now (to clear out the previous "Import to Batch" jobs.

You can save yourself some time by importing an entire season of DVDs at once. If you want to import multiple DVDs all at once, just put them all in a single folder, like this, for example:

Create a folder called "\MY_SERIES_SEASON1"

Then under that folder -- put folders containing each of the component DVDs, for example:
\MY_SERIES_SEASON1\MY_SERIES_SEASON1_D1
\MY_SERIES_SEASON1\MY_SERIES_SEASON1_D2
\MY_SERIES_SEASON1\MY_SERIES_SEASON1_D3
\MY_SERIES_SEASON1\MY_SERIES_SEASON1_D4
\MY_SERIES_SEASON1\MY_SERIES_SEASON1_D5

Then you could go to "Import DVD(s)" and select "\MY_SERIES_SEASON1" -- and it will import all the DVDs into a single BD structure. Then you can perform steps 2-7 and do the entire season at one time. Of course doing multiple discs at a time assumes you rip to your hard drive rather than reading directly from a DVD.

Last edited by jdobbs; 23rd October 2018 at 12:35.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote