View Single Post
Old 8th April 2020, 00:17   #29370  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotswood View Post
OK, I've figured it out. It wasn't the audio setting set to not reencode to AC3 that was mucking things up, it was the setting to Keep HD audio for BD25 intact. I normally keep this enabled since it's overridden when encoding to BD5/9, and I don't have to remember to enable it when encoding to BD25. My problem came about when adjusting a custom target size over 8500 MB to compensate for the undersizing I was experiencing (and not understanding what happens over that). I got it now...

As you explain, at 8501 MB the BD5/9 restrictions are lifted and BDRB assumes I am writing to BD25 and keeps the DTS-MA track (or TrueHD/Atmos), rather than reencoding to AC3 like I'm used to, resulting in the very low video bitrates. So my bad everyone. Sorry for taking you on a wild goose chase. I now return you to your regular scheduled "programming".

Stay safe and healthy...
Yeah. The way BD-RB works with audio isn't as obvious as I wish it could be. This post goes into depth as to how BD-RB works with the different settings when outputting to DVD-R and BD-R.