View Single Post
Old 16th December 2016, 19:20   #25347  |  Link
sieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
In the meantime, what you can do is import the DVD, then output it to MKV files using the "MKV, Intact Video, Intact Audio" setting. You can then select all the MKV files and import them. Assuming IMPORT_PAL_TO_FILM is set, they will be converted to 720x480@23.976 when the pseudo-BD source is reencoded.
I read that in the thread somewhere and did try that the second time (see below). But it didn't work. It didn't change the resolution or frame rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sieve View Post
The first time I tried, I imported DVD(s) quick reauthored. The one thing I notices in the stream window as that each video chapter (episode) was MPEG-2, 576i, 25fps. I assumed that the 25fps would be a problem. I thought that IMPORT_PAL_TO_FILM=1 was supposed to convert that to 23.975fps in the import process, but apparently it didn't. I then ran a full backup to a BD-25 .iso. The burned BD w.ould not display video when played in a BD player. Video remained at 576i 25 fps.

The second time I tried, I imported DVD(s) quick reauthored. Same 576i 25fps in the stream window. I then did alternate movie-only output to MKV, Intact Video, Intact Audio. I then imported these video files. Same 576i 25 fps. I then ran full backup to a BD-25 .iso. Same problem as above.
sieve is offline   Reply With Quote