View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2016, 06:58   #1  |  Link
Lathe

processing a file that is 720p at 29.97 fps...

Heh, it should have told me something when I did a search for the above title and of all the results that I got back, not ONE was from Doom9, Videohelp, Afterdawn, nothing...

So, I'm pretty much guessing that this file that I have which is at a 720p resolution and at a frame rate of 29.97 is likely NOT supposed to be that way...

I mean, it looks pretty good. It's an old film that is not commercially available and I GUESS since it is progressive (as shown by MediInfo) when I stepped through it frame by frame I didn't see any blurring or combing or anything like that. Soooooo, I'm wanting to run it through a few Avisynth filters, nothing heavy, but I'm kind of thinking that before I do that I really need to know what I should do about this resolution at this frame rate, because I'm pretty darn sure that it is NOT part of the Blu-ray standard.

Since it is not telecined (I think) I cannot really IVTC it I'm pretty sure, right? So, I guess I can take a snippet of it and run it through TSMuxer and put it into a BDMV folder to see how my OPPO will play it or how it will look.

Anyway, any suggestions as to what I should do first?

Thanks!
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote