View Single Post
Old 24th February 2015, 19:06   #750  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
I've always been using VSFilterMod for both aegisub and for hardcoding
If your issue with VSFilterMod only, I'm unable to easily help you. VSFilterMod contains a lot of unique tags and transform behaviors which aren't VSFilter compatible. If you authored your script with VSFilterMod, you must use VSFilterMod to hardsub it. Unless you require some of the special tags or functionality which VSFilterMod provides, I'd suggest just using xy-VSFilter for both authoring and hardcoding. Scripts authored with xy-VSFilter should be compatible with legacy VSFilter 2.39, MPC-HC VSFilter, and of course xy-VSFilter itself for hardcoding purposes.

Quote:
But I have a problem. In Aegisub, when I rotate subtitles on the x and y axis (to give them depth), it shows up well on Aegisub but not so well when hardcoded. The end result is instead of text rotating into/out of the screen, it kinda slants on the z axis instead.
If this occurs when using xy-VSFilter for both authoring and hardcoding as well, I'd suggest you take some screenshots of the difference you are seeing.

Quote:
I'm not sure if this is a problem with the entire hardcoding process or just the filter I'm using in it.
If your results in Aegisub appear differently than your subtitles when hardcoded, it is something wrong with your hardcoding process.

Quote:
So I tried using xysubfilter but Hybrid doesn't seem to like it.
Btw, I use an avs script to load up everything.
If you are hardcoding, you need to use xy-VSFilter not XySubFilter.

That said, if you are already using an avs script to load and filter your video, the normal procedure for hardcoding subtitles is to then load them via TextSub (available when vsfilter.dll is loaded as plugin). As long as the video loaded in aegisub, the script playres, and the video you are hardsubbing are all the same resolution, you shouldn't have any unexpected display issues.
cyberbeing is offline   Reply With Quote