View Single Post
Old 22nd June 2019, 19:05   #28567  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
An if it had been filmed in 16:9 originally? Would you miss the sections above and below that weren't filmed?
Huh? That doesn't make any sense. If it was shot 16:9, how can you miss anything that is above/below? How about missing more stuff on the right/left to make a 2.40:1 image? No matter how you frame it, there is always more stuff all around what is shot. Whatever resolution was used, that is how it was shot and framed.
Quote:
What I notice and don't like are those black areas on the left and right of my screen when I play it back in 4:3. You don't miss something that isn't there.
Wow, this harks back to the old letterbox complaining days when video tapes and DVDs were released that contained letterbox bars on the top and bottom. People complained that their TV screen wasn't filled with the image. Were you one of those? If it was shot in 4:3, I want all of that 4:3 image on my screen. Pillar bars do not bother me. If letterbox bars do not bother you, why should pillar bars?
Quote:
It's interesting how people make a random decision about something like this and decide it is a violation of the laws of nature. Funny, actually.
Not a random decision.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote