View Single Post
Old 21st June 2017, 01:04   #1  |  Link
Moppelkotze

Avidemux ok for concatenating mts snipets to one big file? If so, *ts or *ps?

Hello,

some time ago I was told that I could use Avidemux to "glue together" my *mts files from my PVR.

It records episodes/movies in chunks of 10min. or 536,7MB. When I then put them on my computer, I put the parts together with Avidemux to have one big file and usually there is no video/audio being out of sync.

Lately I wondered, what would be better to use as target format. *ts or *mpeg (*ps), Avidemux doesn't offer *mts/*mps. Also I don't want to convert them, I just want to have the snipets as one file.

I know that *ts is for sending movies via broadcasting and *ps is for playback on e.g. DVDs.

I wonder, if I should save the files as *ts to have sort of the original file or save them as *ps to make them moe "common", but maybe loose some additional info.

I notice that the resulting files are of different size. I'd like to know, if I can go wrong one way or the other.

Someone told me Avidemux was no solution, it couldn't do it right anyway and I needed something like the app VideoRedo.

Any input on?
- if I can go on using Avidemux to concatenate the snipets
- if TS or PS should be preferred

Btw. some of the sources are h.264 (HD satelite streams) and some are mpeg2 (SD satelite streams). I was also thinking of using a rewrapper and wrap them as .mov to make them more "universal/common". I am not sure though, if I can concatenate files whit a rewrapper at the same time.
Moppelkotze is offline   Reply With Quote