View Single Post
Old 20th June 2019, 19:13   #56658  |  Link
Djfe

madVR sadly doesn't seem to support 1440p and 120Hz for 3D playback, yet.
(and the display mode settings don't seem to honored, it switches to 1080p60 and doesn't return to the original display setting once I leave fullscreen; my settings set/unset display mode upon entering/leaving fullscreen, since the display still stays in 1080p60 upon leaving fullscreen, it doesn't reset to original display mode upon leaving the application either :/ ; I might actually report that as a bug later on)

Are there any infos why 3D is limited to 1080p60? Displayport/Nvidia 3D Vision definitely support 3D for more than 1080p and 60Hz (unlike HDMI maybe)

Is there any interest in working on supporting side-by-side/top-bottom/field-sequential/frame-sequential 3D? (I have mostly seen the first two so far)
3D channels on broadcast I have access to are only side-by-side and I don't know of any MVC encoder that is freely available sadly. (If you know of one that is free or has a fair price, pls tell me)
The only way to watch these movies for me so far, is the NVIDIA 3D Vision Video Player. (I'm actually unsure whether I can combine the player with madVR, I'll take a look at this now and update this post later)

Anyways I'm very greatful for madVR, I just started using it and I'm amazed at the results I'm getting on my 1440p monitor, especially the scaling looks way better now!

Last edited by Djfe; 20th June 2019 at 19:22.
Djfe is offline   Reply With Quote