Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardB View Post
I'm a little confused, sorry...

Under THE_DARK_KIGHT source folder contains the folder:
CERTIFICATE
If I open CERTIFICATE I get a bunch of small files and two folders:
BACKUP
BDMV

Do I drag the entire CERTIFICATE folder over, or just the BDMV folder, or any other combination / permutation?

Also, what is udf 2.5 and how do I make sure it is activated?

Richard
Howzit RichardB and all you newbies. I understand your pain. Hope this helps (you may want to copy & paste this to wordpad):

1) ALWAYS use jdobbs as your primary "how to" guide.

BD Rebuilder as quoted by jdobbs:

"In order to make this work, you have to first install some other packages. I recommend you use the versions linked below, as sometimes new version changes can cause unexpected issues. Here's what you need to do:

1. Download and install FFDSHOW and the Matroska Splitter. They are required for BD-RB to work and are free. After the install, run "Video Decoder Configuration" for FFDSHOW from the "START/Programs" menu, and make sure MPEG2 decoding is enabled.

2. Download and install AVISYNTH 2.57. If you are a DVD-RB user, it is compatible, so no worry. It is required for BD Rebuilder to work. AVISYNTH v2.57 can be downloaded from http://www.jdobbs.net/freeware/Avisynth_257.exe or from http://www.avisynth.org.

3. Unzip the BD-RB.zip file. Put it in a directory of its own. I'd recommend putting it somewhere other than "C:\Program Files" until it has been tested more (because of Vista and Win 7 virtualization).

4. It is highly recommended that you also download and install IMGBURN (see http://www.imgburn.com) on your system. You can actually burn with any software you desire (that supports UDF 2.50), but BD-RB recognizes IMGBURN and does the burn for you.

5. Read the LICENSE.TXT file found in the BD-RB directory. If you don't agree with the license. Don't use it.

6. Please don't post questions or comments on DECRYPTION or ripping methods. I have to assume you know how to do that or you wouldn't be a beta tester. I also make the assumption that you will comply with applicable laws... I don't want to get in the middle of any of that.

7. If you decide to write to dual layer DVDs (BD-9/DVD-9), use ONLY HIGH QUALITY DUAL LAYER DISCS. I have found numerous cases where the same image works flawlessly with a quality (e.g. Verbatim) disc and fails (hangs) on a cheap one.

8. Recommended for Windows XP only: Download and install WMV11 from Microsoft, and set VC-1 decoding to "disabled" in FFDSHOW (allowing the WMV11 codec to be used). This seems to be the codec with the fewest problem on VC-1. For Vista or Windows 7 -- select "wmv9"

9. Please DO NOT replace the versions of software included in the BD-RB ZIP with other versions (e.g. replacing the 32 bit X264 with a 64 bit version). In doing so you are very likely creating a self-inflicted injury that will not be addressed as a bug.

How to use BD Rebuilder:

1. Please note: This is NOT A DECRYPTER. It is a BD Reencoder and reauthoring package. If you are planning to back up discs that are encoded or copy protected using other software (such as AnyDVD) -- that is a decision you are making independently of BD-RB and it is assumed you are staying within the laws applicable to you. BD-RB is meant as a means of backing up copies of discs THAT YOU OWN. It is NOT meant to be used as a means for copyright infringement.

2. Either copy the disc to be backed up to your hard drive or read it from the original. You will find that BD Rebuilder will work faster from a hard drive.

3. Create a working directory somewhere in your file structure. I use a folder called "D:\WORKING".

4. Run BD Rebuilder. Select the source directory (the one containing the BDMV folder). Also select the WORKING directory.

5. Click on "BACKUP". Then find something else to do... because this is going to TAKE A LONG TIME. My system usually backs up a disc in about 12-16 hours. So you may want to consider running it overnight. Your experience will differ depending upon your computer's CPU and disc speeds. Why does it take so long? Because you are encoding at very high resolutions -- and they require a lot of work. Also, BD-RB hasn't been optimized for speed as yet... but in truth the real speed improvements will have to come with updates to X264 and faster processors.

6. After running you will find a directory in the WORKING directory that has been created. It will be named based upon the source. You must write this directory to a blank disc using UDF 2.50 format. If you have IMGBURN installed on your system, you can burn it from the FILE menu of BD-RB. Alternatively you can select "Auto-burn to Disc" from the SETTINGS/OPTIONS menu (and IMGBURN is installed on your system) and the disc will be burned automatically by BD-RB.

7. How good will it look? My experience is that rebuilding to a dual-layer DVD+R results in a backup that is virtually indistinguishable to the original. DVD-5's will work fine for movie-only encodes... and some full discs. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder and is very subjective. My advice is to try it and see.

I have done only limited testing on this program and all in a fairly pristine environment. My playback tests have all been on my SONY BDP-S301 and BDP-S360 standalone unit and a 50" SONY LCD television. I burn using IMGBURN on a SONY BWU-200S Internal BD Burner (which also supports DVD+-R)."
--------------------------------------

I am having great success with BD-RB. It works fantastic thanks to jdobbs and everyone that has contributed to this thread.

2) Use the programs that are linked on the first post of this thread:
BD-RB v0.32.08
FFDShow 3133
Hali splitter 1.9.42.1
AVISynth 2.57

3) Also go to FFDShow open Video Decoder Configuration and use these settings:
H.264/AVC = libavcodec
MPEG2 = libavcodec
VC-1 = disabled (with wmp11 installed) wmv9 (for windows 7)

Do not use versions of these programs or x.264 from any other links or web sites. Do not install any other codecs on the pc that is running BD-RB. If you do BD-RB may not work. Remember this is a beta test and for that you must create a beta test environment on you computer. Also you must follow jdobbs instructions to the letter and post sensible bug reports in order to help him perfect this program.
--------------------------------------

4) Finally, you can use the following illustrated 33 page .pdf guide as a secondary "how to" guide:

http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/3...s-BD5-Backups)

NOTE: THIS GUIDE HAS BEEN REVISED AS OF 3/14/10!

Start with page 27 for illustrated step-by-step instructions on how to burn the files, created by BD Rebuilder, with ImgBurn.

ALOHA!

Last edited by steveg32; 14th March 2010 at 23:06. Reason: Original link to pdf did not work.
steveg32 is offline   Reply With Quote