View Single Post
Old 29th July 2020, 17:41   #29759  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
Uh, I kinda feel bad asking this amongst the more serious cutting edge stuff that you've been working on here (which I've just been catching up on and is truly amazing guys!) But, it's been a while since I used BDRB and I THOUGHT that I remembered that if you input a file that was not BR compliant, say an MKV file with the dimensions of 1920x800, that BDRB would automatically see that and using AVS would add borders to bring it up to compliance. BUT... maybe once you take that MKV file and put it through TSMuxer to put it into a BDMV folder format and THEN input that into BDRB, apparently it does not seem to do that but even setting the output size slightly smaller (to force re-encoding) the dimensions of the resulting m2ts file are unchanged...???

So, is that the deal then, whatever is INSIDE the BDMV folder is left untouched when inputted into BDRB, and borders are not automatically added?

I'm doing it over now and I simply added the AVS script to add borders, and of course in checking the processing .264 file it is now going to be compliant when it is done. I guess I had always thought that BDRB did that automatically with anything out of specification.
It is not automatically resized or padded during import. So you can have a pseudo-BD structure (thus the name) that contains a video stream that is not resized to be compliant.

But... when you run a job against that structure, the resizing occurs during reencoding and the output is compliant.