View Single Post
Old 9th June 2009, 21:29   #877  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filbert View Post
This seems to affect all alpha builds since final 2.1.4 (that build doesn't produce the error), see attached logfile.

The videofile is a DV Quicktime Movie (exported from Avid Xpress Pro). When loading into AVStoDVD i get asked to choose an audio track because AVS detected 2 Audio Tracks (although I know there is only one 2ch audio track). With 2.1.4. i didn't got this question (it showed/used only one track).
If I check the file with Mediainfo it also only shows one track:

Format : PCM
Format settings, Endianness : Big
Format settings, Sign : Signed
Codec ID : twos
Duration : 19s 240ms
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 1536 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Resolution : 16 bits
Stream size : 3.52 MiB (5%)
Encoded date : UTC 2007-10-16 14:38:28
Tagged date : UTC 2007-10-16 14:38:36

When I start encoding it aborts the audio encoding (no matter if I encode to AC3 or leave it as original WAV (which should be DVD compliant). The "testrun.ToFix.wav" has the length 0, so demuxing seems to go wrong.
If I convert the same file using an AVI container it works...

Greets, Filbert
Filbert, while waiting for attachment approval, let me do 2 preliminary considerations:

1. If AVStoDVD says that there are 2 audio tracks, the reason is that MediaInfo.dll detects 2 audio tracks (code: .AudioTracksCount = bstr(MediaInfo_Get(Handle, MediaInfo_Stream_General, 0, StrPtr("AudioCount"), MediaInfo_Info_Text, MediaInfo_Info_Name))). Anyway, if you select track 0, then audio track handling is same as release 2.1.4. Only if you select track >0, then I force the use of ffmpegsource.dll plugin to extract the track. Thus, do not bother about this issue.

2. You are saying that no matter you select audio re-encode or keep original, you get errors. It could be, but they must be 2 different errors, because the routines are very different (i.e. audio re-encoding does not produce the intermediate file "testrun.ToFix.wav"). Please clarify and/or attach the 2 log files.

BTW, thanks for the debug and the feedback. A proactive help is always very appreciated.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
MrC is offline   Reply With Quote