View Single Post
Old 6th September 2020, 15:47   #20  |  Link
Reino

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post
[Sherpya's] latest build from June 2020 crashes right on startup with the same error popup as your build before the fix.
The "avcodec: Add MediaFoundation encoder wrapper"-commit is from 19 May 2020 and his -buildconf doesn't contain --disable-mediafoundation, so that's probably why.
Just like my own binaries before the fix, for me Sherpya's 'ffmpeg.exe' doesn't crash upon simply invoking ffmpeg.exe, BUT does crash the moment I use -c:v libx264.
According to his source (see "GLOBAL_CFLAGS") he does compile FFmpeg for non-SSE2 cpus, so I don't know what causes this crash.

A bit off-topic, but what puzzles me is how relatively small his binaries are. His 'ffmpeg.exe' has more components/libraries on board and is even compiled with --enable-hardcoded-tables (which if I'm correct increases filesize), but is still ~18MB smaller than mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by real.finder View Post
is build for xp mean remove some of the features from ffms2 and ffmpeg? or they the same as non-xp one?
From the top of my head... libx265 doesn't support high bit-depth, but apart from that everything is the same. Only made compatible for WinXP and non-SSE2 cpus.