View Single Post
Old 6th March 2009, 21:45   #744  |  Link
Pulp Catalyst

i've done 2 films so far, for the 2nd film i swapped the temp folder and output folder over, i have noticed an increase in speed, not much, but some, the folder that takes most of the work (not sure which folder is used the most in the high read and write usage temp or output folder) is now been put to my SATA drive,

i have noticed after doing 2 films, that both films seem to have very small black bars added (top and bottom has it)

just to see if this can be avoided , i have converted both off the same films with ConvertxtoDVD, and these were OK, no added black bars were added, so i think there may be a Auto Cropping error, or something, not sure why, but i thought i should share my experience thus far,

did some cross comparisons of the quality of the image, from both programs (AVStoDVD & Convertxtodvd), and AVStoDVD does win hands down,

however, tried to convert one of the films from NTSC to PAL, and the output was not good, very jumpy playback, and no sound at all, the quality of the image was nice, but the playback speed was jumpy (sorry can't think of a better word).
although not a big problem, as most DVD players will playback PAL fine anyway, only televisions can some times be picky that's all,
but from my experience NTSC > PAL or PAL > NTSC is never perfect anyway, although i've never seen it as bad as what AVStoDVD produced,

i hope i'm not offending, i thought it's best to share ones experience rather then be silent,
objectivity can be a good thing right?
Pulp Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote