View Single Post
Old 12th May 2008, 19:40   #4777  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild22 View Post
I have been hex editing ratatouille all day to remove the last 6 byes of every 264 video file. (00 00 00 01 0a 80). So Madshi if I just converted the video to mkv then remuxed it I wouldn't have to do all this?
Correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsancho View Post
don't know why but MKVtoolnix dosn't like 24-bits wav/pcm streams, and without any warrings the job officially is "done", but in a *.mkv file there is only first ~30 minutes of the stream and then loud noise... (by the way, there is no any problem with 16-bits wavs)
This sounds like a bug in mkvtoolnix. You should post on the mkvtoolnix thread and ask Mosu for support of big WAV files. Probably he chokes on any WAV files bigger than 2GB or 4GB, just like TsMuxer does. This has nothing to do with 16bit vs. 24bit. The only reason why the 16bit one works for you is most probably that the 16bit WAV file is smaller.

Btw, why don't you use FLAC instead of WAV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inventive Software View Post
BTW madshi, are you aware your thread's probably the biggest on Doom9's forum? Good going, since it's only been a year since you started this gem of a tool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inventive Software View Post
I have a question about channel orders with re-encoded FLAC files. Since FLAC by design doesn't specify a mandatory 5.1 or 7.1 channel order, when you recode, say, TrueHD or LPCM to FLAC, would they still retain their original channel ordering?
The FLAC channel assignment for 5.1 is identical to WAV and that's what eac3to is using for FLAC encoding. The FLAC channel assignment for 7.1 channels is not officially documented but I'm simply using WAV channel order there, too. Search for "channel assignment" here:

http://flac.sourceforge.net/format.html