View Single Post
Old 23rd March 2013, 18:27   #3  |  Link
videoRx
Robert Reinhardt

Thanks for the reply. It's a complicated scenario, but I'll summarize in as few as words as possible. Wowza Media Server can re-stream a VOD file as a live stream, and this mechanism by itself is just fine--Wowza provides many ways to push a stream to subscribers, and to specify whatever bitrate you want for those streams. However, I need to push this live stream to Akamai, a CDN provider, and they look at the metadata on the incoming stream to write out the manifests used for Apple HLS and Adobe HDS streams. In my scenario, I'm building playlists with multiple VOD files that stream sequentially over a given stream name, and the first and last clips are bumpers that compress well but have a lower bitrate than the main content. I don't want the manifests generated by Akamai to use the lower bitrate of the first clip, so I need to modify the metadata on the first clip to match that of the main content. This is for a larger scale production, and re-encoding all the clips to match the highest would be a much larger production effort than to just modify the metadata on the bumper content before the stream initiates.

In short, I'd like to know if there's a specific piece of metadata I can edit to override what is typically used by inspectors to show the data rate of a file. Thanks again for any suggestions!
videoRx is offline   Reply With Quote