View Single Post
Old 14th February 2019, 13:18   #16684  |  Link
SKPN

video.265 could not be opened for reading: open file error.

Hello,

I started using RipBot about a week ago, and am loving the distributed encoding feature. However, the last two days, I've been getting errors at the end of the encoding process that causes the entire job to fail.

Here is the most recent error file:

Quote:
B:\>"B:\Installs\TV Stuff\RipBot264v1.24.0\EncodingClient.exe" "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1_EncodingClient.meta"

mkvmerge v31.0.0 ('Dolores In A Shoestand') 64-bit
Error: The file 'C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\video.265' could not be opened for reading: open file error.
-------------------------

Elapsed Time: 05h:35m:39s
When I look in the temp folder, the video.265 file does not exist, so it seems to be an error creating that file. I've tried changing the location of the temp folder, thinking it might be a permissions issue on C, but still receive the same error. It also occurs regardless of which PC I initiate the job from. The strange part is that it doesn't happen on every attempt. But my last three tries of encoding a 4K movie, I've received that error. It's very frustrating, especially since it doesn't happen until after the several hours of encoding are completed, and the progress is lost, forcing me to start over.

Does anyone know what might be causing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by SKPN; 14th February 2019 at 13:29.
SKPN is offline   Reply With Quote