View Single Post
Old 23rd June 2011, 22:34   #1  |  Link
plomon
123kid

Capturing from Hauppage USBLive2 WinTV device !!!

I have a Hauppage USB Live 2 video capture device installed on two machines one with WinXP and other with Windows 7 OS. The capture device is connected to a Q-See QSICC2PK video camera through a composite cable. So, the source for the USB Live 2 capture device is Composite.

The device works absolutely fine when I use the WinTV 7 software that comes with it.

The following screen shot shows the proof that WinTV 7 software is able to capture from the USB Live 2 device:

The following are my settings in the WinTV 7 software:

But, my goal is to record both video and audio using the mencoder or ffmpeg CLI (CLI is a major requirement here). So, I downloaded the latest mplayer/mencoder and ffmpeg for Windows. I tried recording using ffmpeg according to the method shown here. It is recording the video, but not the audio. Also, how is there is a way to tell ffmpeg to stop the recording if I want to, instead of pressing Ctl+C on the command-line? And, I still haven't figured out how to record using mencoder. Any ideas/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.