View Single Post
Old 5th June 2020, 07:43   #18559  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow4mula2002 View Post
Yeah I said UHD bluray idk why anyone would encode hevc from a UHD bluray to h264...makes no sense. There might be a way to re-encode UHD with HD audio to m2ts using free tools but I haven't been able to locate a method that would consistently work. DVDfab does the job I'm describing well but it's a bit pricey. I might just have to purchase if I decide this is something I'd like to do.

I understand AVCHD is a "standard" so atak was kind enough to include this in his app but there is no "standard" for backing up a UHD bluray to BD-R 25/50.

If I open a mkv with tsmuxer with a truehd audio track then it isn't recognized so that also does not work. All of my mkvs have the original HD audio.
Yeah, sorry 'bout that, you DID mention UHD several times, I guess I generally refer to them as 4K disks.

I haven't got any equipment that can play TrueHD, so I rip out the THD track, and convert it to DTS-HD 7.1, then you can remux it back in with either RB, or tsmuxer (for m2ts), or MKVToolNix (for mkv). All with "free" tools. !!!

I think you'll find that some of the very latest tsmuxer builds (nightly) will support TrueHD under certain conditions.

I have done many "conversion's" like this, works very well, just a little time consuming.

Not too sure why you'd then want to "burn" back onto an optical disk.

Each to their own, I guess.