View Single Post
Old 10th September 2018, 16:56   #52400  |  Link
brazen1

Hi folks. I'm humbled to request your help. I know it's off topic somewhat. Please don't rip me new one for asking here. I'm desperate! I've sought confirmations for months in the appropriate forums elsewhere and it fell on deaf ears. I know many of you are testers and perhaps in the same boat, so to speak, and I value your conclusions. Here is the problem and why it's related to madVR somewhat:

Presently using official KODI v.17.6 with external players including MPC players with LAV and madVR and all is well. I want to start using official KODI v.18 and all is not well anymore. I want to present the problem to its bugtracker so it can be addressed before v.18 releases or goes release candidate (RC). I've been using nightlies since the 1st one up to the last.

An nVidia resolution change needs to occur when a 3D MVC frame packed (iso) title is called played via MPC, LAV, and madVR. I use a native refresh rate of 2160p for everything in my full chain 4k setup. Resolution needs to change from 2160p to 1080p for 3D compliance. madVR provides this change as it always has. KODI v.18 crashes when it does. v.17.6 does not and never did. I have no idea if it's my problem exclusively or widespread? No one has been willing to confirm or deny after asking many times, many different ways, in many different threads. So I'm here... begging and infringing.

What is required:
4k display.
nVidia GPU for certain or perhaps an AMD. ( I am unable to determine if other GPU's are affected) Also, I've tried with various drivers which made no difference.
Official KODI v.18 beta or nightly. No amount of settings fiddling made any difference such as fullscreen, windowed, fullscreen windowed, etc.
*note* You do not need 3D capability or even a title for that matter.

How to reproduce:
Open GPU control panel and set native resolution to 2160p. No other settings matter afaik.
Open KODI v.18 and leave it open. (no particular settings required afaik except that the GUI is set to 2160p which will be automatic since it matches GPU setting)
Window or any other method KODI so you can access your open GPU control panel.
Change resolution in GPU control panel to 1080p. You may have to change it back to 2160p before KODI crash happens but I didn't.

Either all is well with KODI and the crash is all my own or you too will notice KODI has resized, the GUI looks primitive, and it is unresponsive leading to a MS error report the moment you try to interact with the GUI.

Sorry to intrude. Please confirm or deny if possible and thank you in advance...
P.S. Reply here if acceptable and/or to thread linked in my signature and thank you again.

Last edited by brazen1; 10th September 2018 at 17:09.
brazen1 is offline   Reply With Quote