View Single Post
Old 26th July 2018, 00:29   #51823  |  Link
Redemption80

As someone who has spend about a decade being annoyed by this (eventually giving up and speeding things up to 24fps for about 4-5 years) my main advice would be do not overthink it, and use your eyes as the judge, not an OSD reporting frame drops/repeats.
Driver 390.70 and an optimised custom res was what i stuck with for most of 2018, a nice little custom res that only dropped a frame every couple of days,but every driver after that the sane custom res (Created within MadVR) would fail.

Recently Nvidia fixed their drivers and 398.36 has proper 23.976 support after years of 23.970, and from a few weeks of testing i think its great. OSD did trigger my OCD with the reported drop every 12-13mins, but i can't see it and i have really looked

Browsing this thread, i've saw that JVC projecters and newer Nvidia drivers may have issues so that may not be an option, but 385.28 should be good if you let MadVR optimise for 30-60mins and afterwards you have a good selection of custom resolutions to test.

Again, as someone who used to get overly techincal but has fallen behind with old age, my main advice would have minimal exposure to any OSD or stats.

Last edited by Redemption80; 26th July 2018 at 00:33.
Redemption80 is offline   Reply With Quote