View Single Post
Old 25th July 2018, 21:47   #46  |  Link
johnmeyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansing View Post
No, blending is visually the same thing as repeated frame. There's no new interpolated object added in between, so on playback you're still going to see the same 2 frames, same old stuttering.
There is no stuttering. The visual artifacts of the original movie are simply those which happen with 24 fps progressive material. It has been known for 100+ years -- going back to 12-16 fps hand-cranked movies -- that you get "judder," a visual disturbance that is entirely created within your head because these lower frame rates -- including the universal sound film 24 fps speed -- is lower than the threshold for human persistence of vision.

Thus, the OP's original desire to increase the frame rate in order to eliminate these visual disturbances is quite well founded, but the reality that he won't seem to acknowledge is that the technology does not exist to do this on all scenes. For a month he has posted that he thinks this is possible because he has seen examples where 24 fps has been increased in frame rate without introducing motion estimation artifacts. The problem is, these examples show scenes where ME works just fine, but it will always fail on scenes with attributes that I have described multiple times in previous posts.

Of course if you can come up with a solution for his video that works, my hat is off to you!
johnmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote