View Single Post
Old 2nd February 2018, 20:59   #4  |  Link
Katie Boundary

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicDeLuxe View Post
EAC3to can slowdown, resample and encode your audio.
I can do the slowdown and resampling in AVIsynth.

Quote:
Muxman can make your VIDEO_TS folder with IFO and VOB files.
And EAC3to makes the AUDIO_TS folder?

Quote:
And ImgBurn is able to format and burn a DVD Video compliant DVD.
Excellent. What would it take as input? A DVD-compliant MPEG-2 file? If so, would it perform a direct stream copy or would it re-encode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post
IMO the easiest way is using AVStoDVD for this task. It has this option under "Preferences->AviSynth":

This will take care of the audio automatically. Probably even the subs will be converted correctly (not sure because I do not use subs).
Eh... assume that I don't need it converted automatically. Assume I'm doing it in AVIsynth.

Quote:
There is one thing to observe, though:
Commercial PAL DVDs are mostly flagged as interlaced, even if the content is purely progressive. If this is the case for this Australian DVD you need to change the title properties from interlaced to progressive after importing the source.
LOLWUT? You mean add assumeframebased() to the AVIsynth script?

Quote:
The basic work flow is like this:
1. Rip the DVD with MakeMKV. This will preserve the chapters and subs.
2. Import the MKV into AVStoDVD. If necessary change the title properties to "progressive".
3. For the output you have choices of either elementary streams, muxed MPG file, ISO image or burning (if IMGBurn is installed).
:\ Although that does seem "easier", it removes too much human input from the equation. For example, I want to have control over the resizing method that would be used to convert 720x576 to 720x480:

Code:
A=mpeg2source("deathnote3.d2v")
B=wavsource("deathnote3 t81 2_0ch blah blah.wav")

Audiodub(A,B).arearesize(720,480).assumefps(24000,1001,true).resampleaudio(48000)

Last edited by Katie Boundary; 2nd February 2018 at 21:12.
Katie Boundary is offline   Reply With Quote