View Single Post
Old 24th June 2017, 20:41   #26116  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Thanks for the kind words. I guess money was never the driver for BD-RB's development. I accepted donations for a while -- but that was more than spent in purchases of discs for testing and occasional hardware upgrades. PayPal gave me the heave-ho because they couldn't tell the difference between my software and a ripper (giving me the distinct impression that PayPal doesn't hire the sharpest analysts). So that pretty much ended even the donations. I then decided I'd start accepting Amazon gift cards (since Amazon is where I bought most of my discs). But that dried up quickly -- with the last gift card coming in back in Jan or Feb. So, I guess the point is that it's more a labor of love than anything profitable.

As for the beta status... I think I'm trying to set a record, though I don't know that Guinness has a category for "software beta"

I appreciate the thought.
I swear, we ALL must be the most thankless, ungrateful, lazy-@ss P\/ssy B@stards of all time! I think time just goes by and we get forgetful. NO excuse though...

I wish that you'd just put the damn thing on a $5.95 / month subscription. And, if ANY sniveling, whiny B@stards complain, just send their information to Mr. Video. I mean, WHO the hell can't afford that no matter what their weasly little preferences. Just do it man. And, the ones who really don't want to do a monthly, just charge them a one time fee of 59.95 and send them a specific key.

That way, it guarantees at least SOME regular income each month for you which is the very, Very, VERY least that you deserve.

(and, if I don't get the Kiss-@ss award of the year, I don't know who will...)
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote