View Single Post
Old 9th December 2008, 13:53   #14  |  Link
G_M_C

I make BD9's all the time, encoding them through AviSinth with x264. I mux them with tsMuxer, and add subs if needed, and then burn them with IMGBurn to DVD+R (DL), my process works all the time now (since my BD player accepts them correctly now since the after firmware-upgrade, I have even made one with DTS-MA ) The player i have is a Panasonic BD30, streaming the audio to a Onkyo TX SR875 for HiRez audio, all my discs have so far also worked on my friends (EU) PS3.

For encoding i sometimes use a simple command-line .BAT, but sometimes i use MeGUI. I'll give the .BAT here, comment on it if you like !

Before that i want to comment on the 3x speed that is claimed for AVCHD / BD9. I think that it has to be 2x speed in stead of 3x speed. If i go higher, my player starts stuttering. Also i have discussed this subject before (with a.o. DS / Sagittaire and jdobbs in the " BD rebuilder & BD backup" tread in the DVD rebuilder part of this forum). There seems to be a difference of opinion, even between several sites that have all the specifications listed (2x vs. 3x). My experience gives that 2x works all the time, going higher gives problems sometimes.

EDIT: I tried starting a thread where all info about the AVCHD / BD could be centralized, but i never took off (too bad: We see separate thread concerning this popping up in all parts of the forum now). Anyway, the TS i made there contains a lot of useful links to/from information about this subject. See the thread here, and maybe we can put some more info there as well click

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_M_C
I use this short .BAT for encoding;

I Use a keyframe-interval of max 1 second (so keyframe-interval == framerate, rounded off), min-keyint=1.

@SET IN_TITLE="........"
@SET IN_BITRATE= .....
@set IN_EXTRA= (Extra options, for instance --zones 0,128800,b=1/128801,140153,b=0.5, not between "")

@Echo off
Echo .
Echo .
Echo .
Echo .[ %IN_TITLE% ] [%TIME% ] Encoding Pass 1
Echo .
Echo .
Echo .

"path to x264.exe\x264.exe" --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim "%IN_TITLE%.AVS" --stats "%IN_TITLE%.stats" --output NUL --pass 1 --bitrate %IN_BITRATE% --vbv-bufsize 22000 --vbv-maxrate 16000 --level 4.1 --keyint set yourself --min-keyint 1 --nal-hrd --aud --sar 1:1 --bframes 3 --b-adapt 2 --b-pyramid --weightb --ref 3 --mixed-refs --no-fast-pskip --ipratio 1.2 --pbratio 1.2 --direct auto --subme 2 --trellis 2 --psy-rd 0.8:0.7 --partitions none --me dia --merange 24 --mvrange 511 --aq-strength 0.9 --cqmfile "path to eqm_avc_hr.cfg\eqm_avc_hr.cfg" %IN_EXTRA%

Echo .
Echo .
Echo .
Echo .[ %IN_TITLE% ] [%TIME% ] Encoding Pass 2
Echo .
Echo .
Echo .

"path to x264.exe\x264.exe" --threads auto --thread-input --progress --no-psnr --no-ssim "%IN_TITLE%.AVS" --stats "%IN_TITLE%.stats" --output "%IN_TITLE%.264" --pass 2 --bitrate %IN_BITRATE% --vbv-bufsize 22000 --vbv-maxrate 16000 --level 4.1 --keyint set yourself --min-keyint 1 --nal-hrd --aud --sar 1:1 --bframes 3 --b-adapt 2 --b-pyramid --weightb --ref 3 --mixed-refs --no-fast-pskip --ipratio 1.2 --pbratio 1.2 --direct auto --subme 9 --trellis 2 --psy-rd 0.8:0.7 --partitions all --8x8dct --me umh --merange 24 --mvrange 511 --aq-strength 0.9 --cqmfile "path to eqm_avc_hr.cfg\eqm_avc_hr.cfg" %IN_EXTRA%

Echo .
Echo .
Echo .
Echo .[ %IN_TITLE% ] [%TIME% ] Encoding Finished !

Pause

PS: Others speak only of keyframe-interval of 24, so try with a DVD-RW to see what works best.

Last edited by G_M_C; 9th December 2008 at 14:19.
G_M_C is offline   Reply With Quote