View Single Post
Old 24th November 2018, 10:04   #11  |  Link
stormy1777

wow, I deeply appreciate your replies to this thread, sounds like you're some sort of experts or created this maze yourself so as to trap us in this forever

Seems you are having so much fun, and I'm now on a road with no return.. follow the white rabbit, so:

Info() shows:

Code:
Colorspace: YUY2 1280x720 FPS: 59.9402
Fearing of using the "lsmash", that might "smash" my video, ok, lets make a back up, just in case (humor friends...), then, Info() shows:

Code:
Colorspace: YV12 1280x720 FPS: 59.9401
ok, so it converted to YV12 colorspace, which I suspect is a "good" thing for the GradFun3()..

Code:
LSmashVideoSource("Y:\test.MOV")
Info()
GradFun3()
no crashes, but in VD2, the video is not advancing, tried both play buttons, the timeline shows it is moving, but the actual video is frozen on first frame.

now, maybe that is expected, and even appears in the "fine print", that you cannot preview the magic before encoding, but really, impossible to edit in such a way, the preview is critical

Using my very old and basic skills of avisyth, attempted to do PIP, b/c that always helped decide/understand how things/filters/operations really behave, if it was me, all examples would be like that, to show original video and processed, attempted something like:

Code:
vid1 = LSmashVideoSource("Y:\test.MOV")
vid2 = LSmashVideoSource("Y:\test.MOV")
vid2 = GradFun3(vid2)

vid2 = vid2.ReduceBy2()
xpos = 0
ypos = 0
Overlay(vid1, vid2, mode="blend", opacity=100)
loaded OK, first frame looks as expected, however playing that in VD2 started a wonderful "fireworks" show, of all colors, blue, green, on both videos, all over the place, so , even the original video was affected?!!? I would expect the original video "vid1" to show unaffected, but it does not. Removed the GradFun3 and still similar crazy colors all over, pretty cool though, attached one screenshot for fun

Then replaced Lsmash with the direct show, and still things were super sluggish, and then noticed even older scripts are not working anymore (cannot seek, VD2 goes into cpu loop).. so possibly all these changes caused the system's codecs to change or something, or maybe that's how it was before and i just didn't notice???

I think i'll call it a day for this, since again, this is not my day job. will now focus on trying to get the original PIP scripts working again.. my use case is extremely limited in scope, just mux mov and mp3

I deeply appreciate your help, but not sure being on the cutting edge is for me, since I don't have the background (yet) for all these terms, etc.

I think i need to reboot maybe it may clear things up, not sure...

Cheers....
Stormy.
Attached Images

stormy1777 is offline   Reply With Quote