View Single Post
Old 7th October 2017, 14:14   #46285  |  Link
el Filou

Quote:
Originally Posted by steakhutzeee View Post
I have to see from the original file, the shot is from the original movie and not from the sample. Btw, from the sample, i think it's 00:53 sec.
It's not from 00:53, the hand is not in the same position. I've found it in your sample: it's frame 1352 / time 00:56.389
Here are two screenshots I made of that same frame:

with madVR (only chroma upscaling and output to 8-bit ordered dithering, no image enhancement or refinement): https://postimg.org/image/1d54jnqpob/
with EVR (all video processing options disabled in NVIDIA control panel): https://postimg.org/image/8yft217gjf/

As you can see, the brightness and artefacts coming from the compression are the same with madVR as with the graphics card driver's own rendering, that's why I think your VLC screenshot is the one with a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steakhutzeee View Post
I don't understand what you say about the aspct ratio and the EVR, i'm not so good at this
The video frame of your sample is 1920x800. madVR renders this exact size but for some reason your VLC screenshot, as well as Windows' system default EVR renderer (on my system at least), render at 1920x804 by stretching the image vertically 4 pixels taller. You can see that by comparing your own screenshot with the two I made. (Edit: I cropped the madVR screenshot to 804 too so you can see the two 2-pixel high bands above and below the image)
I don't why that is but it's not good for the image quality. (maybe someone elses know why? I used MPC-HC for both EVR and madVR shots)

Edit: aaah, I think I found the cause in the filter's Pin Info:
Code:
- Connection media type:
Video: NV12 2048x800 (191:80) 23.976fps
The aspect ratio is computed as 2.3875:1 which gives 1920x804 (also the image is transmitted as 2048 wide but the renderer probably crops it to 1920).
This also happens with Windows' own Films & TV app too, so I think it's an EVR bug.
If you still needed one, that's another reason to use madVR to be sure you've got the best rendering quality possible!

Last edited by el Filou; 7th October 2017 at 15:10.
el Filou is offline   Reply With Quote