Thread: Avisynth+
View Single Post
Old 19th September 2013, 20:14   #35  |  Link
ultim
AVS+ Dev

Currently, the reason everything is on the main branch in my repo, is because it is my repo. Meaning it is set up so that if anyone clones my master, he'll get the latest stable version of my changes. That makes the most sense to me. Why would anyone clone my repo if they want the official branch of Avisynth? So my stable work is in the master of my repo, while I'd be using branches for non-stable or work-in-progress of other features I'm working on, and for upstream. This is not a problem for IanB, because he can pull changesets/patches from any of the branches, his master does not need to be the same as my master branch. If I were in the official repo though, I'd obviously be working in a seperate/private branch, though I doubt IanB will let me do that.

Concerning your other idea of splitting up the large file-moving commit, I'm okay with that. As long as I know beforehand that IanB is not gonna reject it again, I'd redo my changeset and split it up further as you proposed. So if he lets me know that he's willing and ready to integrate/merge the file moves that way, count me in. Of course we can discuss where files should go before I start redoing everything, so that I won't have to do it a 3rd time.

Last edited by ultim; 19th September 2013 at 20:26.