View Single Post
Old 17th December 2019, 11:35   #5  |  Link
mbcd

What should I tell ablut the DR02?

I have it since about 1.5 years, it works fine, without any problems.
As I said, there are better ones today, at that time it was nearly the only one which had a separate unit for the backview. GPS is a separate unit too.

Also compared to its price it is fine. The Blackvue of course is newer and has better specifications, but also costs about 3x in price. UHD and 60p is great for traffic, but there is always the question how often you use it? I like the Blackvue, but for me it is too expensive for the less usage I have for it.

I am a careful driver, I didnt need it at all, Its nice to have in a case something happend, I dont need it for documentation, or permanent uploading to youtube ... Its a cam to have some evidence in case of an accident.

Also never had problems with SD-Card, but as said, I dont replace my every month. Some things could have been a little better about usability, but it works and is affordable, that was my intention to buy this one. Soundquality is also good, if no one is speaking in the cabin, you can even hear the turnlight-buzzer of my car.

As said, not the best picture-quality, some lack of "premium"-functions or "nice-to-have-gimmics", but it does its work very good. I am happy with it. The posted review shows some of its flaws, but I think every camcoder has its own. Light and darkness are always a problem, unless you pay 1000$ for some fancy stuff. Still the Blackvue has no infrared for lowlight ...

Last edited by mbcd; 17th December 2019 at 11:44.
mbcd is offline   Reply With Quote