View Single Post
Old 29th December 2010, 17:49   #101  |  Link
setarip_old

@Peer van Heuen
Quote:
You got lucky that those 5 discs of yours are using a similar BD+ if all of those are happy with the bit-flipping in those BDJO files.
I guess that's possible, although (to me) it seems unlikely, since these Fox Blu-rays were releases spread over the last 5 months or so - and during that same period, I did not come across any Fox BD+ releases that did not require just the "two byte flipping" in order to bypass that warning.

Quote:
Other discs only need some values in MovieObjects.bdmv changed.

And then others, like Avatar, need JAR files to be modified, classes to be replaced and so on...

For each of those "types", there are even different possible solutions
Are all these alternatives pertinent to just bypassing the BD+ warning, or are you describing some of the possible requirements for overcoming the entiirety of the BD+ protection? (as it sounds to me, although I know nothing about the intricacies)

Quote:
If you want to be a free rider, which is perfectly fine, you'll have to live with the limitations.
If my presumption about the "flipping" being the ONLY thing required to bypass the warning message was correct, I was hoping that the methodology used for overcoming this singular repetitive event could be shared, so that those of us who are simply looking for the gratification of making full disc backups would be able to continue to do so. If not, "life goes on", with (for the time being) full disc backups of non-Fox/BD+ release and movie-only backups of Fox/BD+ releases (Or, essentially full disc backups of Fox/BD+ releases with custom menus via multiAVCHD). In real world terms, when you consider the generally insignificant "value" of the extras that appear on most discs, there's no great loss in having the occasional movie-only backup in one's collection - although, if this ever becomes the case with Disney release, my grandkids would be all over me ;>}

BTW - how often do you wake up in the morning and wish I could stay in bed instead of removing BD+ firmware warnings?
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote