View Single Post
Old 3rd December 2015, 06:57   #3  |  Link
mushahidh

why its hard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshadis View Post
You've chosen a real rabbit hole for yourself; parsing AVC isn't easy, and doing it in Matlab is even harder. You should consider hooking into ffmpeg or gstreamer to do most of the parsing for you; gstreamer can only parse everything down to the slice header, while ffmpeg of course can parse everything, but gstreamer's API is friendlier and easier to use for analysis. There aren't many other options for parsing helper libraries unless you want to pay thousands of dollars.

Otherwise, grab a copy of the spec and start working; it'll probably be one to several weeks just to get unoptimized parsing finished.
Thanks for your response. Well i start working on it by inspiring from this Thread. what i want at the end is to add RS code redundancy to encoded video and pass it through the noisy channel so that if some packet get lost i can recover it using those redundancy bits. Secondly, detecting Frame starting and ending isn't too much hard. I have parsed the whole H.264 file and detected I,P and B frames.
So why are you saying it's much hard to do in matlab? And why its easy in your suggested technologies? How can i start understanding long long codes of ffmpeg Instead i start writing my own in matlab?
Also i need your suggestion in my specific scenario i.e to add redundancy using RS codes at frame or GOP level and pass it through noisy channel and solve error before decoding.
mushahidh is offline   Reply With Quote