View Single Post
Old 15th August 2020, 15:57   #5  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emulgator View Post
boils down to: The Blackmagic Decklink Shuttle at least has no frame nor field TBC, just line TBC.
If the Decklink has, you may deduct from your specs/PCB.
I see. Well, the Blackmagic card definitely doesn't have a Time Base Corrector turned on right now or at least, that's what I think. It does have an SDI input and a Reference Input, so until I'll bring the Bars-note SD signal there and connect it to the Reference, the poor card won't have anything to adjust levels...
Same goes for the VTR, it's currently set on "Ref Video" and in fact the stop sign blinks as it's complaining that it doesn't have a reference connected.
I already asked to bring the bars-note signal there, I hope they'll do it soon, but at the moment, I'm capturing without a reference. As to an external TBC, I don't have any. Should I purchase one or am I gonna be fine without it as long as the card and the VTR are referenced ('cause they have an internal one)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emulgator View Post
Your video playback machine SONY DVW-A500P (a 35kg beast)
should have all it needs to get the best out of analog and digital Betacam tapes.
It definitely is a beast (this picture is from one that got replaced few days ago due to a faulty electronic card):

FranceBB is offline   Reply With Quote