View Single Post
Old 4th October 2019, 04:08   #607  |  Link
zerowalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
I also wish you would not promote your settings here, they are so much in the wrong direction from what I think is good practice they almost seem like a parody.

They also seem like settings made by someone very new to quality video on PC and madVR. I see these overprocessed videos a lot and find it depressing.

If you like it fine, you can use your settings, but expect pushback if you promote them. I am just expressing my opinion too. I don't want doom9 promoting bad newb madVR settings as great after all.
I would like to hear your suggestion on settings.
I don't care much for processing as i don't want to alter the video,
but rather the up/downscaling, rendering etc.

I currently have:

Chroma upscaling: NGU - Standard, high quality
Image downscaling: SSIM - 2D - strength: 100% - activate anti-ringing filter [relaxed]
Image upscaling: NGU Standard - very high

Rendering - user D3D11 - use a frame for every VSync
CPU Queue 128
GPU Queue 24
All off on trade quality for performance

I basically want as high quality without messing up the video.
I chose these settings (especially the scaling) as i thought they were the best (meaning not the best for me, but best quality of the options available).
I couldn't use NGU on very high for chroma as it seems to use up my GPU sadly enough (GTX 1070).

The queues i am unsure about, from the explanation i guess CPU queue has a hand in subtitles,
and one kinda frustrating bug/issue i have is that when jumping back/forth in a video the subtitles sometimes don't render,
so i have to do another back/forth to re-trigger it.
It would be awesome if that could be solved,
but i don't think many run into it as probably jump around in videos a lot more than normal people do haha xd

Thanks
zerowalker is offline   Reply With Quote