View Single Post
Old 19th March 2011, 12:05   #3  |  Link
nm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroBull View Post
Among qp,crf,bitrate mode,which is better to use?
CQP is rarely a good idea, but otherwise it depends on what you are targeting. CRF is good for maintaining constant quality across a number of encodes. 2-pass lets you pick a target file size.

Quote:
I don't know the difference in ripping result between qp and crf,who can tell me?
http://mewiki.project357.com/wiki/X264_Settings#crf

Quote:
I think bitrate can control all the options,it can give the best ripping result,it can be even changed toward qp mode,is that right?
CRF and 2-pass give the same quality/bitrate. Both can be tuned towards CQP by using qcomp closer to 1.0.

Quote:
As for presets,under qp or crf mode,is it that change the persets can only lower the bitrate but not improve quality?
Both quality and bitrate can change, but slower presets give higher quality/bitrate.

Quote:
Another question about anime deblocking in rapid scene, dark scene and fade scene, I met a lot of block and increase bitrate/deblocking,psy rf,trellis doesn't help.It seems increasing Adaptive quantizer reduced the block,why?
AQ redistributes bits within the video, so that flat, low-complexity areas get more than they would otherwise.
nm is offline   Reply With Quote