Thread: U-V-Swap issue
View Single Post
Old 13th September 2018, 18:39   #15  |  Link
Frank62

You're great, a big thank you again!
I tried this with the whole episode: Unfortunately:

-At some swapped ranges U and V population/saturation get a lot higher compared to the frames before and after, on other ranges it is as you assumed, they get smaller.
At those ranges I observed, the differences between pop before/after and pop inside are quite significant - but this gives me again only the direct possibility to detect the beginnings and ends of the ranges - if you don't have another idea for this. And it's not safe, because with some ranges significantly higher, some ranges significantly lower, I bet that there are some where there will be no difference...

-The other method with testing the right margin works most times well, but fails if the near content is also very dark - and I already found some scenes where exactly this happens...

-My first method with this:

Code:
v=avisource("26.avi")
vminus1=trim(v,1,0)
global sep=";"
x=WriteFileIf(v,"F:\Scripts\26UV.log","(UDifferenceFromPrevious(v)-UDifferenceFromPrevious(vminus1)>1.7) && (YDifferenceFromPrevious(v)-YDifferenceFromPrevious(vminus1)<10)","current_frame-1")
works quite well for beginning and ends of the ranges, and also detects the one-frame-swaps.

So I fear I will save the beginnings and ends with my/your mixed detector (works for this purpose quite at 100%) and write something meta that will output a final repair-script.

To work myself into all that great stuff with database and all I haven't got the time, which I regret - all episodes have to be done next week.

Again for your big efforts! Great people in this forum!

Last edited by Frank62; 13th September 2018 at 18:50.
Frank62 is offline   Reply With Quote