View Single Post
Old 30th December 2018, 14:22   #6577  |  Link
Yanak

Edit : nevermind, i think i finally figured it, looks like i needed a little break from the screen to ease a bit my mind and see a bit more clear in all this, having the nose pointed at all this stuff since hours now

Hi all,

I'm trying to compile x265 using VS2017 (just want to compare speed vs some releases, especially interested in the Intel compiler linked in my vs2017 as my old CPU supports max AVX only, a little gain will be nice, no matter if it's a tiny one),

I followed all the steps, installed all stuff needed and i can compile successfully the 8 or 10 or 12 Bits exe's but I'm scratching my head since a couple of hours about how to compile a multilib 8+10+12Bits version.

I launched the multilib.bat, it creates the 8,10,12bits folders and it starts to populate some of them with a bunch of stuff and then i get prompted by an error message "10bit build failed". I'm pretty sure I'm missing something obvious but don't know what.

- Do i need first to generate the Solution using make-solutions.bat and repeat the process 3 times, using cmake GUI and selecting the different depth options to in the end get one for each 8,10,12Bits depths and generate each .exe and only after that i can run the multilib.bat ?

After spending a few hours on this i'm a bit out of ideas, if anyone have any tips about the steps to follow to create the multilib 8+10+12Bits exe please ?

Thank you very much.

Last edited by Yanak; 31st December 2018 at 09:36.
Yanak is offline   Reply With Quote