View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2020, 13:06   #1481  |  Link
Peter_A

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
I have had the same problem with ++ and a specific BD (I don't remember which one). However, the Java version doesn't have that problem.

Also, note that the two versions have a CLI option to control the merging of the identical subtitles. It defines the maximum duration between two identical subtitles before they should be considered as two different subtitles. The option is -x <time_in_ms> or --merge-time <time_in_ms> and the default value is 200 ms for both versions. I don't know if that option is available in the GUI. And I don't know why that option doesn't work with BDSup2Sub++ and some specific subtitle streams.

Again, I suggest to keep the two versions of BDSup2Sbb and use the one that works best for each case.

(I have updated the list of bugs of the two versions here.)
Regarding "duplicate" subtitles, I found a different issue. On at least one title, there were consecutive subtitles, where the second began at the same timestamp as the first ended, but the captions were not the same (the first one was actually blank and very long in duration, so it probably shouldn't have been there in the first place, but it was, and the second one was a real caption). The Java-based BDSup2Sub merged them (dropped the second one and extended the time of the first, which was blank, to cover the time for both subtitles). So, the second subtitle (with a real caption) was lost completely. For the same title, BDSup2Sub++ maintained them both correctly. This may be a rare occurrence, but dropping a subtitle completely is much worse, in my opinion, than having duplicates, especially if the duplicates are there to begin with (i.e., not introduced by the program one is using).
Peter_A is offline   Reply With Quote