View Single Post
Old 28th April 2019, 00:34   #8  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by blublub View Post
Ok after a little more testing:

Is anyone using high core count Xeons, maybe a 3175x? I am interested what other users do to max out the CPU. I just have hard time to believe that encoding multiple jobs at the same time is the only solution.
Intel Xeon 28c/56th over here, without AVX512, anyway I never managed to max it out. Please note that it's a dual socket CPU and 28c/56th is the sum of those two. This is basically why I use to run multiple files at the same time. For instance, when we gotta encode MPEG-2 files for broadcast usage, I run up to 56 encodes at the same time, 'cause MPEG-2 encoders were meant to be used on monocore CPUs. Anyway, one of the reason why I never managed to max it out with x265 was that I'm using Avisynth on 4K 12bit contents which are brought up to 16bit for post-processing, but this kind of files are very poorly handled by Avisynth when it comes to speed and going through a pipe before reaching x265 doesn't help.
Anyway, if you want and if I'll have spare time I'll try to play with that a little bit more again with your settings.
FranceBB is offline   Reply With Quote