View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2021, 13:24   #30599  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorM View Post
I've run into something odd (I don't have the log any more to post).
I was building a movie only disc of the Kino Lorber release of Bodies, Rest and Motion.
The playlist has three video files, the first is KL's splash screen (which has no audio) , the second is the movie and the third seems to be blank.

The final disc has the audio and subtitles about 11 seconds early, which is the duration of the KL splash screen.
It looks like TSMuxer is the problem (not something that can be fixed in BDRB). The 3 .M2TS files are merged into a single file, but no delay is added to make up for the first segment having no audio or subtitles.

I'm not sure there is a work around for this except a full disc rebuild. Any suggestions?
BD-RB looks for and should adjust for delayed audio when it starts at a different time than the video. But... if the playlist has multiple parts and the first M2TS in the playlist has no audio, it would not find a delta (no audio=no delta). I'll have to look at a way of catching that scenario and put a delay in equal to the first (or more) item(s) in the playlist.

I got a similar report on another title recently.

Last edited by jdobbs; 2nd May 2021 at 15:54.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote