View Single Post
Old 26th March 2020, 22:37   #4  |  Link
DanilaZabiaka

>A lossy compression breaks details, ok, fair enough...
Even NES had noise generator in sound processor, so its possible in codec to keep this, or restore it after
But now everybody crazy about noise removal and more juisy colors . Its synthetic

>Why are you using a synthetic picture made in Computer Graphic as an example? Didn't you just say "real world surfaces"? O_o
Because when synthetic images was in analog time, they was more realistic

>Why did you touch levels? 0-255 bit too big?
Where do you see LCD's 0-0-0 in real world or 255-255-255?

>What's inside that container? Perhaps you mean H.264?
Whatever))

>Oh I see, you just want some dynamic grain added to your cartoons and you don't understand why they don't do it, right? Well, the answer is because if pretty much fucks up motion-compensation as the codec doesn't find any correlation between adjacent pixels in the same frame and it doesn't understand that a pixel is "moving" when it analyses the next frames, therefore it tends to put more Intra frame than needed and uses more bits than needed. You may however find a bit of static grain added to some cartoons to cover up things and give depth to surfaces, but that's STATIC grain.

It could be on players side, even in browser - youtube videos are extremly compressed and its possible to use shaders

>If you like grain so much, you can add it yourself in real time while watching your favorite show. PotPlayer and Avisynth come into help as you can use a custom avisynth script like so:
I have shaders -_-

>As I said, you should NOT change levels, but still if you really want to you can do it in PotPlayer with a GUI since it seems you like GUIs...

It could be in control panel, pp's developer dont wanna make it or friend shaders with GUI

I wanna change levels for current situation. If its too bright and video is to dark, you can make move black point etc.
PotPlayer's dev suggest use 'brighness' but its just offset, its bullshit